Join us for the Law Enforcement Training on Pedestrian and Bicyclist Safety. Register below to attend in person or via Webex.
When: Thursday, August 15, 2019 | 10 a.m.–11 a.m. or Friday, August 16, 2019 | 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
Where: TTI Headquarters Building, Room 1124 | 1111 RELLIS Pkwy, Bryan, Texas | Directions OR WebEx
There is no cost to attend.
The training will cover:
- The increasing number of bicycle and pedestrian related crashes
- Texas Transportation Code definitions of the rights and responsibilities for bicyclists and pedestrians
- A review of the crash data
- Different bicyclist and pedestrian crash scenarios and how they should be reported
- Importance of enforcement
- Motivation to increase enforcement for bicyclist and pedestrian safety
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to conduct enforcement for bicyclist and pedestrian safety
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to accurately complete crash reports for bicyclist and pedestrian related crashes
The training is planned for one-hour and TCOLE certification credits will be available.