In its third Traffic Safety Conference, the Center for Transportation Safety (CTS) focused on the need for collaboration between all areas of traffic safety professionals in order to further decrease Texas traffic fatalities.
The fifteen-session conference covered topics from distracted driving to publicizing, promoting and advocating traffic safety, as well as opening session remarks from:
- Dennis Christiansen, Director, Texas A&M Transportation Institute;
- Terry Pence, Director, Traffic Safety Section, Texas Department of Transportation;
- Janice Brown, Administrator, Texas Section of the Federal Highway Administration;
- Art Acevedo, Chief, Austin Police Department; and
- John Mounce, Director, Center for Transportation Safety.
The conference also included a lunch session on the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety, from Dr. Bella Dinh-Zarr, Road Safety Director, FIA Foundation and North American Director, Make Roads Safe Campaign for Global Road Safety.
Thanks go to all the dedicated employees of CTS that organized the conference. Thanks also go to the attendees and the sponsors of the conference: the Texas Department of Transportation and the Texas Department of Public Safety. Without their unified participation, the conference would not have been a success.