Texas Impaired Driving Forum
In conjunction with the Texas Impaired Driving Task Force, CADES hosts the statewide Texas Impaired Driving Forum. The Forum is a 1-day event that brings together impaired driving safety stakeholders from across the state. Forum participants will have the opportunity to hear from regional, state, and national speakers about impaired driving research and trends, as well as programs aimed at prevention, enforcement, and treatment. The Forum is sponsored by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and is provided at no cost to participants. TCOLE and BAR credit may be earned.
Impaired Driving and Ignition Interlock Summit
In conjunction with the Texas Justice Court Training Center, CADES hosts the Impaired Driving and Ignition Interlock Summit. The Summit features sessions on:
- Alcohol in the body
- Texas ignition interlock laws
- Ignition Interlock Bond Program
- Practical considerations of ignition interlock devices and programs
- Ignition interlock monitoring and reporting, and
- Innovative bond monitoring
The Summit is sponsored by TxDOT, and is open to all impaired driving stakeholders interested in learning more about impaired driving in their area as well as ignition interlock devices.
For more information about the Summit, email Cody Stewart.
BAC Reporting Summit
Each year, the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI), in partnership with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), works to improve blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and toxicology reporting of drivers that are fatally injured as a result of a motor vehicle crash to TxDOT’s Crash Records Section.
As a part of this project, TTI hosts an annual Summit on Improving Blood Alcohol Concentration Reporting in Texas. This one-day event is open to both Justices of the Peace and Medical Examiners, as well as their staff who submit BAC results to TxDOT. Summit topics include:
- Impaired Driving Crashes and Blood Alcohol Concentration Reporting in Texas
- Duty to Report Blood Alcohol Concentration in Fatal Crashes
- Blood Alcohol Concentration Reporting in Other States
- Opportunity to Provide Input on Ways to Improve the Blood
- Alcohol Concentration Reporting System in Texas
For more information about the Summit, email link to Cinthya Roberto.